Monday: Weights (legs) + 30 min stair master + 3 mile walk
I don't usually put my walks in here, but I walked 3 times to the park with Domingo today that it felt like training! Today was Val and my last workout with Ryon. I will miss these workouts even though Val and I still plan to work out together. I love how he pushes us and shows us when we do the exercises wrong - especially when we get fatigued. I stayed after for 30 min of stair master at level 8. I remembered my headphones today so the 30 minutes went by a lot faster while I listened to some unsolved mysteries :)
Tuesday: 45 min easy run Quarry Lake & massage
I had a massage at lunch today. My legs were feeling good, there wasn't any special areas she had to work on. I have been doing TP more lately, maybe that has been helping.
Since I had the massage I wasn't able to leave work early enough to do a road run (since I had to get back to walk domingo). So I grabbed a quick dinner (pizza!) and then went for a run around Quarry lake from 8:15-9pm. This was the only place I could think of that would be safe to run in the dark by myself. It was perfect weather, I kept this as any easy run. I saw Alaska out there- too bad Domingo wasn't with me to play with her.
Wednesday: Arm and core workout
I had planned to do a hilly road run after work at River Place but Val asked if I could help with Logan. Helping out with Logan fell through but I was still unable to make this run before it got dark. So after eating and walking Domingo I decided to go for an arm workout at the gym instead. It was so quiet this time of night, I almost had the whole place to myself! I did workout card #1. I am so weak in my arms, I need to do this workout at least once a week. I drank 1/2 of a chocolate milk as a recovery drink (yum). I need to stock up on this.....
Thursday: Rogue hill workout - 8 miles
I was dreading this workout and started the run feeling hungry, so I wasn't sure how it would go. As usual once I got there I was no longer dreading the workout but looking forward to it. We started out going down Fox Hollow to Shan's loop where we were to do 4 repeats. It was about 2 miles to Shan's loop, a longer warm up then usual. I hadn't done this loop since last summer so was looking forward to it. The loop has an uphill/small flat/downhill/followed by a pretty long flat. Each loop was 1 mile. This loop was a lot easier then last week - not as steep. Plus the weather was better today - maybe even perfect :) I did 4 loops and felt like I could have done more. I was tired during the 1 1/2 cool down though. All of the uphills were runnable and I pushed on them and also pushed hard on the downhills.
During my last loop, someone new to the class started out running right behind me. She was staying right on my tail, so I kept asking her if she wanted to pass but she said no she wanted to "hang" behind me. I really hate when people do this, they should dictate their own pace and not use mine. I again asked her on an uphill section since it was getting annoying and she said she was using my foot placement! Ugh - again not good for her. She shouldn't be looking where I put my feet and figure it out for herself. I kinda lost her after that so I hope I wasn't harsh on her :)
Friday: rest
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment