Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March 23-27 Workouts

Monday: Strength Training (legs) + 30 min stairmaster
Val and I met Ryon today. We only have 1 more workout with Ryon after this :( It is nice having him to push us and to let us know when we do the exercises wrong. After the workout I stayed and did the stairmaster for 30 minutes at level 8. This is a lower intensity level then last week.

Tuesday: Riverplace hilly road run - 5 miles
Jon ran this route with me after work. It was humid from the rain early in the day. This is the same route that I did last Tuesday by myself. I was glad to have the company today :) The first 3 miles is mostly flat and downhill, a lot of downhill. Then at Woodlands park, starts the ascent. The first mile of this is trail. The trail has a creek running along side it and is so beautiful. The trail lets out at the bottom of a big hill by the Riverplace country club. The last mile continues uphill until the finish. I felt good during this run, tired by the time I got off of the trail for the last mile of road climbing.

Wednesday: 60 min bike indoors + core
I went to a nutritional seminar at Rogue today. It was a lot of formulas about calories, protein and water. I didn't find it very useful and was bored by it. After the seminar I went to Whole Foods and had some salmon, veggies and roasted potatoes. It was so yummy! I love this new Whole Foods and wish I lived closer to this one.

I did a workout at Pure Austin downtown after. The atmosphere at this location is so different then Quarry Lake! It is more about looking good and being seen. By the time I got there it was almost 8pm so it wasn't very crowded. I did the bike for 40 minutes. I forgot my bike shoes so had to use the clips. It kinda sucked, I should have gone back to the car to get my bike shoes. I also should have wore my bike shorts. I had to stand up for the last 10 minutes to relieve my tush :) I kept the bike ride at an easy pace. After that I did a core workout for about 10-15 minutes. My goal is to incorporate core into more of my workouts.

Thursday: Rogue hill workout HOL - 7 miles
Our group met at the hill of life tonight for a hill workout. Robert found a gradual "runnable" hill. We did about 1 mile warm up to the start of the workout. From there we were to do 4-6 repeats of a 1/2 mile uphill followed by recovery, and then the 1/2 mile downhill followed by recovery. We were to run both the up hill and the down hills hard. For the first loop it was a little tricky to keep on course but after that it was easy. This was a cardio extensive exercise, I loved the downhills! It was a little muddy from rain earlier in the day but not too bad where it stuck to the shoes. I only did 4 loops since I wasn't feeling well today but it was still 7 miles so I don't feel too bad!

Friday: rest

No comments: