Originally Jon and I had planned to camp out for this run. But it was cold, and we didn't have our camping supplies packed and we weren't able to leave work early. So instead we woke up at 4am and left at 4:20am for our drive to Bandera! We brought Domingo with us since it wouldn't be too hot in the car while Jon was running his 11 miles. I am glad that Jon was sweet and drove. I stayed awake the whole time too. We stopped on the drive down at Whataburger for some breakfast. It was ok but I would prefer McDonald's or BurgerKing next time. We got to Bandera early and had time to walk Domingo. Domingo wanted to stay outside and play since he thought there weather was perfect - it was about 39 degrees!
The first 11 mile loop went really well. My legs were feeling fresh the whole time and I had a blast on the downhills. There was someone (not from my class so I don't know their name) who stayed a little ahead of me and Cris Strong was behind me for most of this run. She keep a little distance so I wasn't feeling rushed or anything. I was able to maintain a consistent pace throughout this loop. I stopped a couple of times briefly to walk and eat a kashi cereal bar. Also (maybe cuz of the cold?) I had to stop each time through the loop for a pee break :)
I came in from the first loop feeling good. Jon wanted to go out again for a little bit, so we took domingo up to sky in the island. A lot of people skipped this on the second loop so I would end up running the second loop almost all alone. It was confusing, since some people skipped it they started after me and finished before me w/o even passing! I didn't realize this at the time so kept slowed down a little when I got lonely since I thought they would catch up to me.....
This second loop wasn't very eventful. The downhills weren't as fun this time and I was tired by the end of the run.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment