Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March 16-20 workouts

Monday: Arm & core strengthening and 30 min stair master
Val and I met ryon today for an arm workout. My arms and shoulders are so weak! After, I did 30 min on the stair master at level 10. It was very tiring for me but I am hoping it will help with my training for Jemez.

Tuesday: 5 mile run Riverplace
I was dreading this run since I was running it alone. I don't mind running alone, but I love the motivation when running with someone else. I even considering skipping this run, I am so glad I didn't. It was a beautiful blue sky day, temps in the upper 70s. This was a road hill workout. I started at Sun Tree Park, ran to Woodland park where I met up with a 1 mile trail that dumps back to Riverplace near the country club.

Wednesday: Rogue speed workout 3 miles
We met at St. Edwards today and ran on a flat 1/2 mile section as an out and back. The workout was to do 3 sets of: 3 min easy pace, 2 min medium pace, 1 min fast pace followed by recovery. This ended up being only 3 miles. I felt this workout was a little short. The 1 min fast pace was hard after coming off of the 2 min medium pace and was a very long minute!

Thursday: Rogue hill workout 6 miles
We met at St. Edwards again but this time focused on hills. We did 3 repeats of a 2 mile loop. It started off with a very long and steep uphill. Then moved on to flats, followed by a downhill. I loved this workout! I need to work on getting faster on the uphills....

Friday: rest

No comments: