Saturday: 17 miles Rocky Hill Ranch
I had to wake up at 5:30 am for this one! We decided not to take Domingo so I woke up early to walk him first. He loved the weather (cold and dreary) so wanted to stay outside. Jon and I drove separate since I was running more miles then him.
My legs were heavy during some of this run, probably from my massage the day before. The course was mostly flat, with a few short hills. It reminds me of a mix between Walnut Creek and Bastrop State Park. It was very beautiful with pine trees and pine needles on the trail. This run started and ended in the 40s. About halfway through the loop, I got cold though and stayed cold for the rest of the run. I had already ditched my gloves since I didn't think I would need though. I felt pretty good for this run but just didn't feel like running anymore. I opted to only do one loop, which was fine since it was a long loop - almost 17 miles instead of 15. Most others also only did one loop. After Jon split off to head back in, I ran behind/with John K and Bhavesh. I tried to keep up with them and keep them in sight since I didn't have a map with me (there weren't enough for everyone). Without a map I would have been lost!
After running, a bunch of us went over to Joanna's parents house in Bastrop for migas and mimosas. It was great food and company. 2 hrs later, I drove home happy even though it was rainy :)
Sunday: 5 miles town lake
Jon and I met for an easy run around town lake at 9am with John K, Joanna and Bob. It started out drizzly but ended after we started running. This nice easy pace run felt very refreshing. Afterwards we met at Waterloo for breakfast where Dano and John F were waiting. This was a great way to start the day!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment