Monday: Weights arm/core
Val and I met with Ryon today for our first arm workout. I think Ryon was surprised how weak both of our upper bodies are! For a couple of the exercises he started us out on too heavy of weights. Ryon was surprised how I could do push-ups the regular way, not on my knees. My triceps and shoulders were pretty weak. I want to start concentrating more on upper body (and continue core) since my legs get a pretty good workout from all the hill running I have been doing.
Tuesday: 30 min stair climber & 30 min legs
I met Val this morning at the gym. I did about 30 minutes on the stair climber, I started at level 8 and moved down to level 5 as my heart race increased. My heart rate stayed around 140-144 for this workout. After we did some leg exercises. I meant to do abs/core later at home but forgot.... I also had planned to go for an easy run tonight but I had a bad headache after work.
Wednesday: HCTR 90 min trail run - 6ish miles
I ran tonight from the HOL with the Hill Country Trail Runner club. I was unable to make previous wednesday runs for different reasons and didn't want to miss the last one dark run before daylight savings. This was an easy paced no-drop run of about 90 minutes. Marcia sprained her ankle early in the run so had to cut out early, Larry took over leading the run. I talked to him some about Jemez - he has done that race the 2 previous years and said how beautiful it was. Of course he did the 50 miler which I don't plan to do :)
Thursday: Rogue HOL hill workout - 5 miles
We did an easier workout tonight because of the upcoming race in Waco on Saturday. This was our last dark workout because of daylight savings. We did an out and back workout, not pushing any particular section but trying to keep a consistent pace the whole time (including hills). I tried doing that, it was hard though. It was in the 80s today and a little humid. After I warmed up I felt good for this run and not too tired at the end of the run. Maybe I should have pushed it harder. My right ankle moves around on these sections of the trail, I want to switch into my Vasque Velocity's next time I do this trail.
Friday: Rest
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment