Monday, January 5, 2009

New Years Week

Wednesday: 25 min run Walnut Creek
Jon and I did a run at Walnut Creek around dusk. We did one BMX loop and one Windy loop.

Thursday: 6 miles Rogue Barton Creek Training run
I went for a run with my class today, I don't remember the last time I was in class since to my knee injury. We started at the hill of life, taking the easy way down. We then stayed on the main trail until we crossed under Mopac. This ended up being about 6 miles. My knee didn't hurt at all during this run! I ran for the first 2 miles alone and then ran the rest with Courtney and her Max. I was happy to have them to run with since it was dark! We kept at a pretty easy pace but enough to make us tired.

Friday: Yoga/Pilates
I did a few weight exercises before yoga. I had such a bad headache that I almost decided to skip yoga. I am glad I didn't though since by the end of class my headache went away! Maybe it released some of the tension in my neck and shoulders. This was a gentle yoga/pilates class but I did like it a lot.

Sunday: 9 mile run at Barton Creek/Hot Yoga
I ran for 8 - 9:45am at Barton Creek this morning. It started out cloudy and in the low 50s. When I was done with the run I felt cold. I think by this time it had gotten into the 40s!!! During my run however was perfect running temperatures. There were other runners out there but none I knew, I also saw lots of dogs hiking and wished Domingo was with me. I felt great during this whole run. My knee felt a little stiff though and hurt a little when I was doing down steep ledges.
In the afternoon I tried a new class at my gym, hot yoga. The room was heated to about 90 degrees. I loved it! It wasn't too hot where I got dizzy. I had to do modifications for a couple of the posed because of my right knee.

No comments: