Monday, January 26, 2009

Jan 25 3M Half Marathon

Time: 2 hr 5 min
Weather: Cold :)

Originally when I had considered doing this race I thought it would be fun half to race. But because of my knee injury I hadn't had many miles in and minimal road miles and no speed work. So my race plan was to run conservatively and keep to a 9:30-9:45 pace. My estimated finish time was between 2hr 3 min t- 2 hr 7 min. If I was feeling good after mile 10 I had planned to pick up the pace.

My race day run went beautifully to plan. I kept a 9:30 pace for most of the run. I felt pretty comfortable most of the run, the last mile was really tiring for me though. I took a much needed restroom break around mile 4 :) I carried my own water bottle, I was very glad for that decision. I also brought one apple pie Hammergel gu. I ran out of energy during the race and needed more food, I think that is why I wasn't able to pick up the pace any after mile 10. Next time I need to bring more food with me. These road runs aren't stocked with food the way trail runs are. It was fun seeing so many people cheering from the sidelines! I saw Murali, Cheri/Jeff/Molson (twice!), and my physical therapist ryan. Jon met me at the finish line. It wasn't too hilly, and the hills that were there didn't bother me/tire me too much. The hardest section of the course was on Burnet, that section lasted so long. I loved running on Duval and seeing all of the cute houses.

This run was fun!

No comments: