Monday: Strength training with Ryon and Val
Today was a repeat of workout #1. My calves were sore coming into this workout, and it just so happened we didn't work calves today. Not sure if they are sore from my Saturday workout or from the half marathon the day before. The one legged leg presses are really hard for me. I don't even have any additional weight on it either, just the weight of the bar. Hopefully this will get easier. I remembered most of the exercises from last time. I am still having trouble with one of the exercises that requires balance and coordination, I have none of that. For this exercise we use the cable cross machine and stand on a platform working the gluts. I liked the back exercises that we did today.
Tuesday: Rest day
I don't remember the last time I had a rest day! It is cold and icky out today so I figured today would be a good day for one. Plus I have trail runs I want to do on Wednesday and Thursday.
Wednesday: Run 30 minutes
I ran for about 30 minutes tonight. I don't know exactly since I ran without a watch, that is nice to do sometimes. This was scheduled to be an easy run so a watch may have made me run faster. I ran 4 times around Quarry Lake. I was dreading this run since it was dark, I was running by myself, it was cold and I was hungry. Once I started running though I felt great. I had my ipod with me, hopefully I will remember that more often.
Thursday: Weights legs/back/core + Rogue hill workout
I woke up at 6 this morning since I was meeting Val for a strength training workout, card #3. I walked Domingo first for a warm-up. Val ended up missing the workout :( I am glad I did it though, I did all of the exercises except one (which I needed her help with). I wouldn't have had the incentive to wake up for such an early workout if I wasn't meeting Val there! I am getting better at waking up early though....
Rogue quality workout at the HOL. Our group had their first week meeting today. We ran 4 loops which went down fox hollow and up the HOL. Robert calls this his triangle workout. It starts with a downhill, short flat section, and uphill for the hill of life. For the first 3 loops we were to run one section easy and two hard. For the last loop we were to run all sections hard. I wasn't able to run all of the uphills but did a fast powerwalk when I couldn't run. It was pretty dark for the last loop, but I like it that way :) Luckily I remembered the route pretty well for that last loop so didn't have to rely on finding the flags. Each loop took about 15 minutes. After the run I was freezing while we were standing around. I was cold for the rest of the night. Jon locked his key in his car so we had to wait for AAA to come. Luckily we drove separately so were able to stay warm in my car.
Friday: Hike with Domingo
I took today off of work so I slept in this morning. I was tired from the workout last night. I had some errands today and had a massage. Tana did a deep massage of my calves since they were tight. After the massage I did a hike at Turkey Creek with Domingo, we saw a few other dogs there. It was perfect weather for a hike.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment