Monday, February 2, 2009

Enchanted Rock/Balcones Preserve

Sat Jan 31: 7 mile run and 3 mile hike
Today started very early with the alarm going off at 5:30am. We took off with Domingo from Jon's place at 6am. I was very sleepy for the drive to Enchanted Rock. We got there around 8am, took Domingo for a quick potty break and started running about 8:20 after getting instructions from Robert. He said to run at a comfortable pace, and run or "walk with a purpose" all of the uphills. I was scheduled to run 10 miles today. My legs were feeling very heavy for about two thirds of the run from my massage yesterday. Today would have been a good day to try my arm warmers! Instead I wore a short sleeve shirt with my pink long sleeve on top. I quickly took that off as I warmed up. We had to do a very steep climb up Enchanted Rock. I started going up it with Jeanette but then was too scared to finish. I did this last year and was very scared. She volunteered to go down with me and run around the rock instead of up it. I am so glad!

Instead of running the remaining 3 miles, I decided to hike the 3 mile loop with Jon and Domingo. Elizabeth joined us on the hike, which took about as long as the run did. Most of the group met after in Fredericksburg for lunch, it was fun.

Sun Feb 1: Yoga and 3 1/2 hr hike
I was scheduled for a 5 mile run today but couldn't find the time. I went to the 10am yoga class at Quarry Lake. After that I didn't have much time before my permit hike for Forest Ridge. The hike lasted from 2-5:30. I am looking forward to running on those trails! When I got home from the hike I was tired and the superbowl was on.

No comments: