I ran my first long run with the Sunmart/Bandera group today. I was out on the trail for about 5 hrs today. First we did a 9 mile loop with the whole group up Hill of Death and to the Powerline. I ran the first loop in a long-sleeve shirt, but warmed up so took it off for the rest of the run. I should have brought gloves since my hands were cold. I always seem to forget those. I would also look to pick up some ear warmers.....
Quite a few of us were planning to go on to do 23 miles total, and one person was doing 35 miles. I ran with Lonnie, Kristin and Patel all the way to Zilker park. We were running at a pretty good pace since this section of trail was fairly flat. We took a short rest here for snacks and to fill up our water. When we started going again (this was at about 16 miles), my legs felt stiff at first from stopping. At around mile 19-20 I started feeling tired and slowed down a little from the pace that Kristin and Lonnie were doing. We lost Patel a little earlier, he stopped to tie his shoe and ended up on the other side of the creek. I caught up to Patel when there was about 1 mile left in the run. We were happy to get to the Hill of Life. The sun was out at that point, so I felt really hot walking up the Hill of Life. This was the hardest part of the run for me! It was such a treacherous way to end the run.
I went to Magnolia to meet Jon for lunch. By the time we got there, my stomach was too upset to eat much :( It always seems to get this way after long runs. After short runs I am starving.
I tried a bottle of spiz for the first time, at half dose, and had 1/2 of peanut butter and honey sandwich. Neither of them upset my stomach. I still need to add some more calories to my run though. So either more spiz, more sandwich or supplement with a gel.
My right knee started hurting after the run. It hurts when I touch it, walk or run. I have been icing it and decided to skip my Sunday run.
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment