Friday, November 14, 2008

Nov 10-14 Recovery week?

Monday 30min elliptical machine. Ugh so boring, but knee felt ok. After that I did some light weights, calves, quads, biceps, triceps, abs.

Tuesday 3 mile run at QL. 1/2 with my dog Domingo, then I ditched him since he was pooped :)

Wednesday 7 mile night trail run at Barton Creek with Hill Country Trail Runner group. Knee was feeling great, but started hurting a little after 4-5 miles. I tripped on a stump at 5.5 miles and fell on my knee - that same knee that was already hurting! It really hurt after that....
This was a great run though if I forget about the knee issue, it was a perfect full moon night and perfect temperatures. I love night running so much. 6 of us showed up for this run. It was pretty easy pace, but not long run easy pace. I ran most of the hills tonight, not HOL though!

Thursday I took a rest day, it hurt walking.... I was feeling very sad about missing my Rogue class and not running. I think it was for the best though since we were going to be doing hill work for class.

Friday 10min elliptical machine warm-up, back exercises, chest, abs, leg press (for knee pain). My knee is hurting a little today, it is very tender to the touch. It hurts most when I walk after having been sitting for a while.

The plan for my long run tomorrow is to STOP running if my knee pain gets above a level 2. I think it will start at a level 2. I am bringing my bike with me so I can bike instead if this happens. If I am unable to do 26 miles tomorrow, I can always attempt it next weekend instead.

I need to start adding more cross training (biking, spin, yoga, weights) into my workout routine. I had also wanted to start adding more road running and speed training, but that will have to wait until my knee gets better.

No comments: