Monday: nothing, tired today
Tuesday: 3 mile easy run
Jon and I did an easy run around the lake this morning. It was fun, I had not run around the lake in a long time. I walk it all the time though with domingo. It looks like the new building might be a restaurant overlooking the lake. I hope it gets finished soon, it has a really nice looking patio area.
Wednesday: Weights with Val & Rogue 7 mile trail speed workout
I met Val this morning for weights (back and legs), we did workout card #1. We almost finished everything within an hour. This workout card is the longest since there are a few single leg exercises.
I was dreading the run tonight in the afternoon and the drive over to it. Not sure why I do that, I think it was the heat and the idea of getting outside of my comfort zone. Once I got to the meeting place and out of the car, I was looking forward to the run. It was humid and hotter then it has been for the run, but nothing compared to the summer. The workout was a speed workout of 3, 2, 1. We had a one mile warm-up to a 1.5 loop which we did 3x. We were to run 3 minutes at half-marathon pace, 2 minutes at 10k pace and 1 minute at 5k pace followed by a recover and repeat. It started getting dark during the 2nd loop making it hard to maintain the 5k pace. Lots of people got lost during this run, we had a small detour but got back on track quick. I was very tired for the rest of the night, I fell asleep reading agatha on the couch.
Thursday: Rogue 6 mile hill workout (dog park)
It was in the 80s today, but it didn't feel as bad at the dog park because of a small breeze and the shade from the trees. Most of our group came to the workout tonight. Joyce also came, she is going to start coming to our workouts! The workout tonight was to do 6x of a loop just shy of 1 mile. Each time we were to reverse directions of the loop. We were to push the hills, downhills and go easy on the flats, the flats were the rest periods. The hills were very hard, I ran what I could but came nowhere close to running most of it. This was the same with everyone else also. I felt pretty good for most of this run (tired of course), but I allowed myself to rest during the flats. The last 2 loops were really dark! It feels like playing in the woods at night :) Surprisingly quite a number of people opted not to do the full 6 loops. Only one more week of night running, I am not sure how I feel about this since I love night running so much.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment