Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Feb 16-20 workouts

I am almost recovered from Bronchitis, just have a lingering cough! I went to the doctor and got an inhaler and antibiotics. I am taking the antibiotics but I think they are over prescribed. The inhaler makes breathing a lot easier, I should have gone to get one earlier. I was sick for 2 weeks! I rested a lot and haven't done any exercise the whole time. I was on vacation in Michigan for 4 days while sick though. We went snow shoeing one day for an hour. Probably not the best idea since I was sick but it was a nice day and was fun :)

Monday: Weights with Ryon and Val
We did card #2 today. I was more tired then usual. I think because this is the first workout since I have been sick and am still not 100% yet.

Tuesday: Power walk with Val and Domingo & Spin
I met Val this morning to power walk. I had planned to take her to St. Eds or Turkey Creek for some hill walking but it was drizzly and foggy this morning. We walked around the Shoal Creek neighborhood instead.

I went to the 6:15 spin class tonight. It was a lot of intervals with strength resistance. I was so tired, even at the start of the class. This was my first high intensity workout since I have been sick.

Wednesday: 3.5 mile hilly easy paced road run
I ran at lunch today for an easy paced one. This was my first run since being sick, it went pretty well. Today was such a beautiful day, sunny, blue sky and in the 70s. I ran at a 9:37 pace, I was still tired though!

Thursday: Weights & 6 mile St. Eds Hill workout
I met Val this morning at the gym, we did workout card #3. I didn't get through all of the exercises (missed back) since I was running short of time. Val was kinda depressed this morning since she has been gaining weight instead of losing it despite working out :(
I like this workout a lot, it was very tiring. My hamstrings are still a little sore from Monday's workout. Exercises included: Quads, calves, back (cable cross), lower back, hamstrings and abs. I have been having no problems waking up at 6am to workout with Val, she gives me the incentive to wake up. Yesterday I tried to wake up early to go for a run by myself and just couldn't do it! I am glad I have Val to get me working out early in the morning, it really saves my evenings for other things.

We met at St. Edwards for our Rogue hill workout. Robert had us doing a 2 mile loop 3x. We went straight up the hill, did a flat section to cross, continued to the top, and then back down doing a couple of flats on the way down. I was able to run all of the hills but not as fast as I wanted (couldn't keep up with Jon on the uphills). I loved the flats through the woods though, nice and twisty and able to do fast until the last loop when it got dark. We were to take the downhills easy. Robert is waiting until daylight savings before doing fast downhill work. I fell while going downhill on the 2nd loop..... I fell on my side so my right side is so bruised and I also hurt my thumb from falling on it. Luckily my legs are fine though so this won't affect running. I ran with Jon and Guy for most of this run.

Friday: rest :)


No comments: