Wednesday, December 10, 2008

December 8 - 12 Workouts

Monday: PT exercises, abs, 15 pushups

Tuesday: 27 min run/walk
I ran with Jon around his neighborhood. It was a little chilly and very windy.
We did a tempo run of 3 minute run/ 1 minute walk. It was fun! I need to get an inhaler though since I was having trouble breathing after because of the cold air. My knee hurt at about a level 1-2.

Wednesday: 45 min spin with Eddie C, weights
My knee was feeling stiff during the day today and after spin. This morning it is feeling fine though. I am still not having any pain in the night. It is tender when I bend my knee and touch it. I want to start running longer now, I am going to ask about that at PT today. I am mostly worried about it hurting after running if I run for too long.

I got to the gym early and did some weights before spin class started. I did the leg press for 7 minutes, abs, chest press 3sets at 10lbs, tricep machine, tricep dips at 71/2 lbs. That is all I had time to do before spin class.

The spin class only had 6 people in it. Eddie told a lot of stories! We did a lot of long efforts in class, it was a hard class. Eddie mentioned starting a riding group on the weekends. That could be fun depending on what pace they go.

Thursday: PT
My knee was feeling so much better after my session today. I did a lot of quad strengthening today. Ryan said to try 6min run/1min walk and after that I can try progressing to a 10min run/1 min walk.

Friday: 30 min run
I did a run during lunch today along Riverplace. I ran from work to the SunTree park. I ran 6 min run/1 min walk. This was a pretty hill route and I had no knee pain at all! This is the first time in a long time without any pain. I hope my knee continues to feel happy for the rest of the day. Tomorrow Jon and I are going to Bandera to run with the Rogue training group. I am shooting for about an hour run doing 6 min run/1 min walk.

No comments: