Wednesday, December 3, 2008

December 1-5 Workouts

Monday: 45 min spin
45 minute spin with Gilbert. This class was really good and not very crowded. Gilbert concentrated a lot on biking efficiency and form. It was a hard class but the time went by fast.

Tuesday: Weights legs and shoulders
I did a 1/4 mile run around the lake while walking domingo to test my knee. It didn't hurt at all, so I am hoping to try a 20-30 minute slow run in a day or 2.
Today I did weights. Leg press for 5 minutes, seated calf, hamstring curls 10lbs, wall squat for 1 minute, shoulder press 10 lbs, shoulder rolls 30 sec clockwise 30 sec counter clockwise, shoulder lift 2 lbs, abs and hip flexor exercises.

Wednesday: 1 1/2 mile run
I did a run around Quarry Lake to test out my knee since I have a follow-up appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I ran 2x around Quarry Lake, about 1 1/2 miles. I started to feel my knee but wanted to make sure it didn't hurt after.

Thursday: 30 minute run/walk (2 min run, 1 min walk)
I met with the pt today and had a follow-up with the doctor. The doctor said the injury could take between 6-8 weeks to heal. Originally I thought it would heal a lot faster. I can definitely feel it getting better though. The pt says my hips are getting a lot stronger, so my exercises must be paying off. She also suggested I start doing a 2 min run/1 min walk for 30 minutes and progress up the run time. This worked out well, it only hurt at a level 2 during the run and didn't hurt after. This wasn't even as boring as I thought it would be, I was so happy to be running again!!!

Friday: 30 minute run/walk (2 min run, 1 min walk)
I ran this with Jon at Quarry Lake. The time went by fast and it didn't feel like much of a workout. My knee was hurting some but it was under a level 2 at all times. Jon said he would run with me 3 times a week.


No comments: