Tuesday, April 7, 2009

April 6 - 10 Workouts

Monday: 40 min stairmaster
I wanted to give my running a break today, so did the stair master as x-training. I have been doing the stair master on Monday's anyways lately. I did 10 minutes at level 8, 10 minutes at level 9, 10 minutes at level 10 and the last 10 minutes at level 8. I remembered my headphones so the time went by fairly quickly!

Tuesday: Weight Training Legs
I met Val this morning to do out workout #3 card. My left knee was hurting a little during the squats and leg press so I reduced the weight and they felt fine.

Wednesday: Rogue Quality Speed Workout - 5.4 miles
We met today at this water quality management trail just off of Spicewood Springs and 360. This is where the early morning classes were help for the Bandera training that I never made it too.... since it was too early for me. I thought this was going to be a boring course, but I was surprised! It was a cute little trail, one I might bring Domingo to sometime.

This workout started out at 88 degrees, so Robert gave us the option of doing 5 loops instead of 6, I opted for the 5. I think I could have done 6, but by the point I came to that decision I had already done the cool down. The first 2 miles were the hardest because of the heat, it got better after that. The workout was 1 loop easy, 1 fast, 1 moderate, 1 fast, 1 cool down. This was a good workout for me! Plus nothing hurt at all :)

Thursday: Rogue Quality Hill Workout - 5 miles
Summer is early this year in Austin. Today it was in the low 90s for the start of this run. Even though most of the run was shaded the heat affected me during most of it. We ran Ken's loop as an out n back. I love running here normally, it is very fun. I wasn't having fun today though until about the last 1 1/2 miles of the run. It actually ended up being a pretty good run though.
A bunch of us went to Mangia after for dinner where we met Joe, Joyce and one of their sons.

Friday: Yoga & Arms
Normally Friday is a rest day for me, but since this weekend is rest I wanted to work out today. Plus I couldn't get up yesterday morning to do arms :) I went to the yoga/pilates class at lunch. I had a headache so was hoping this would help. It helped for a little but I ended up taking an hour nap in the afternoon. This class was ok - very relaxing and laid back.

After walking Domingo, I went to the gym to do my arm workout card #2. The gym was so quiet, I loved it!


No comments: