Monday: Legs & Stair Master
I met Val at the gym this morning for leg workout card #1. This card takes a long time since there are lots of single leg exercises. I did them all except one ab workout (which is fine since I did abs last night) and one back exercise. I want to try to get the back one in next time. My legs don't really seem to be getting stronger - at least I haven't been able to increase any of the weights yet.
I wanted to run tonight (perfect weather) but needed to get home to walk Domingo. It was nice weather for walking him. After the walk, I walked over to Pure Austin for a stair master workout. I did 45 minutes varying from level 8 - 12. This ended up being about 4 miles. I was sweating a lot from this workout!
Tuesday: Walnut Creek Run - The Maze Loop 5 miles
I had planned to meet Val this morning for an arm workout but didn't wake up in time. Luckily either did Val! I think we both needed the extra sleep, that is an important part of training too.
Wednesday: Mountain bike Walnut Creek/Town Lake about 9 miles
My nephew Bret came in last night. I rented him a mountain bike and we went to Walnut Creek. I forget my GPS, but we biked for about 1 hr 15 min, so maybe 6 miles. After lunch we biked the Town Lake 3 mile loop before returning the bike.
Thursday: 3 mile hike Turkey Creek
I took a 1/2 day today. It was cloudy but not raining so Bret and I hiked Emma Long Turkey Creek with Domingo. There were only a couple of other dogs there. I wanted to get a long walk in with Domingo before the rain.
Friday:
Saturday: RHR rain party + rock climbing
Woke up this morning before 5am to get to the race. I was excited about running in the mud but hoped the rain wouldn't be too hard. When we got there we found out that the race had been canceled due to lightning. It was sad, but it was still nice saying hi to everyone. Bret, Jon and I went to breakfast, picked up mingo, bathed him and then went to an indoor rock climbing gym for 3 hours. It was a lot of fun!
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment