Monday, May 4, 2009

May 4 - 8 Workouts

Monday: Massage
Ah finally over my poison ivy so I was able to get a much needed massage today. She worked on a tightness up by my IT band that was causing tight quads and my neck needed work since it has been bothering me lately. I laughed during my massage today (and not only during the feet like normal), when a muscle on my right upper leg was being released. I guess some people cry! Glad I laughed instead!

Tuesday: 40 min elliptical
I had a really bad headache this afternoon and it was really really hot out. I had thought of running town lake after work since I was meeting Jeanne and Cezanne for dinner at Somnio's at 7:30. I decided to go to the gym instead and hoped it would make me feel better. It did make my neck feel better, but I still had a residual headache that went away when I met them for dinner. I don't like the gym down south as much, but I did 40 min on the elliptical. It felt good - and the time went by pretty fast :) All of the stair masters were being used...


Wednesday: Legs #3 & Rogue Speed workout (3 miles)
I met Val this morning at the gym. I skipped the quad exercises but did the rest. Starting this afternoon my leg started hurting more when I put pressure on it, mostly when I get up from a sit. Not sure what I could have done this morning to aggravate it.

I was dreading the Rogue workout tonight because of the temperatures. I ended up cutting my workout short because my quad was bothering me and affecting my gait. I did 1 mile warmup, 1 mile fast, 1 mile moderate (ending with a short cool down). This was suppose to be 5 miles total adding another mile fast and another mile cool down).


Thursday:
I rolled my legs this morning with the TP. It hasn't made them feel better yet. I am going to skip the rogue workout tonight but still plan to meet up with them for dinner to discuss any last minute race questions. I have a dr appt tomorrow morning so am hoping that will help my quad heal faster!

No comments: